Bharti, Dixon to set-up a JV to make telecom products for Airtel

Date: 2021-04-09   Author: Pankaj Singh  Category: #news

Bharti, Dixon to set-up a JV to make telecom products for Airtel

Dixon, a contract manufacturing frontrunner in India, has reportedly struck an agreement with Bharti Enterprises Ltd. to establish a joint venture (JV) in order to create telecom and networking commodities. These include modems, routers, set-top boxes, Internet of Things (IoT) devices for the telecom industry, including Airtel.

Speaking on this move, Dixon revealed that Dixon Electro Appliances Pvt Ltd, its wholly-owned subsidiary, or any firm identified by both the parties would emerge as the joint venture entity. Apparently, this newly formed company would file necessary applications with the Ministry of Communications to avail the benefits offered under the PLI Scheme of the Indian Government.

Sources also claim that the JV company would have a 74% ownership from Dixon, while Bharti Enterprises will account for the remaining 26% following the execution of the mutually acceptable agreements between the parties.

The CFO of Dixon Technologies, Saurabh Gupta expressed delight and confidence in the company’s trust towards Dixon following the collaboration. He also mentioned the team was looking forward to leveraging the strengths of both the firms to create telecom and networking products.

On the other hand, the Group Director of Bharti Enterprises, Deven Khanna, revealed that the telecommunications sector had played a crucial role in facilitating economic growth, regarding it as a key enabler of digital connectivity and Digital India. He further stated that the venture would be well-positioned as a leading player in its space on account of Dixon’s exceptional track record in the manufacturing sector along with Bharti’s deep expertise across the telecom industry.

It was also previously reported that Airtel was in talks with multinational and domestic vendors in order to locally produce 5G gear among several other wirelines as well as wireless networking products. The company was also in plans of doing its R&D in collaboration with the local, US, and Japanese firms.

Source Credits

https://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/bharti-dixon-to-form-jv-company-to-make-telecom-products-for-airtel-industry-applying-for-pli-scheme/81944857

 



About Author


Pankaj Singh linkdin-boxtwitter

Pankaj Singh

Pankaj Singh Develops content for Algosonline, Market Size Forecasters, and a couple of other platforms. A Post Graduate in Management by qualification, he worked as an underwriter in the UK insurance domain before deciding to switch his field of profession. With exp...

Read More

Post Recommendents

Glucosinolates Market Valued at USD 140 million in 2018 | Trends, Competitive Landscape, Geographical Overview

Author: Rahul Varpe

DecResearch Inc. published a comprehensive study on the Glucosinolates market. The report cover the top trends in the industry, key players, major segments, geographical analysis and some of other parameters that support to drive the business into...


Industrial Margarine Market Segmentation Analysis, Competitive Outlook, Growth Factors and Forecast till 2026

Author: Rahul Varpe

DecResearch Inc. published a comprehensive study on the Industrial Margarine market. The report cover the top trends in the industry, key players, major segments, geographical analysis and some of other parameters that support to drive the busines...


Grapeseed Oil Market Valued at USD 410 million in 2018 | Trends, Competitive Landscape, Geographical Overview

Author: Rahul Varpe

DecResearch Inc. published a comprehensive study on the Grapeseed Oil market. The report cover the top trends in the industry, key players, major segments, geographical analysis and some of other parameters that support to drive the business into ...