Dialog signs MoU with Johor to invest in Pengerang Deepwater project

Date: 2018-04-08   Author: Pankaj Singh  Category: #news

Dialog signs MoU with Johor to invest in Pengerang Deepwater project

Dialog Group Berhad, one of the integrated technical service providers to oil & gas and petrochemical industries, signed a memorandum of understanding with Johor government to invest RM 2.5 billion in phase three of Pengerang Deepwater Terminals.

Dialog Group executive chairperson Tan Sri Dr Ngau Boon Keat has been reported to have expressed hope for the launch of the third phase of the project as it would attract yet another refinery and petrochemical complex that will enable Pengerang to become a commendable petroleum downstream manufacturing facility. He also added that the recognition of Pengerang will help to attract Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development countries in using the Pengerang storage facilities as an oil reserve hub due to the facility’s strategic location in Asia Pacific. According to Tan Sri Dr Ngau Boon Keat, the facility can act as a central bank of oil due to its location.

It has been arranged with Johor authorities for Dialog to hold 80% stakes indirectly in Pengerang CTF Sdn Bhd which will undertake work and Permodalan Darul Ta’zim Sdn Bhd, a unit of Johor State Secretary Inc (JSS) will hold the other 20% interest in the joint venture.

 The joint venture is aimed at promoting and supporting petroleum and petrochemical storage. It will also support the tank terminal business that is to be constructed and conducted at a 300-acre site. The agreement with further witness the development of industrial land for oil and gas-related activities.

At present the second phase for Pengerang Deepwater Terminals is underway and the third phase will commence on the completion of the second phase of the project during early 2019, as per reliable reports.

Along with this MoU, Dialog E & C Sdn Bhd, another wholly owned unit of Dialog has granted a contract to Penta-Ocean Sdn Bhd, Malaysia, to commence engineering, procurement and construction for reclamation, shore protection and soil improvement works.



About Author


Pankaj Singh linkdin-boxtwitter

Pankaj Singh

Pankaj Singh Develops content for Algosonline, Market Size Forecasters, and a couple of other platforms. A Post Graduate in Management by qualification, he worked as an underwriter in the UK insurance domain before deciding to switch his field of profession. With exp...

Read More

Post Recommendents

Antenatal Screening Market Share, By Product Analysis, Application, End-Use, Regional Outlook, Competitive Strategies & Forecast up to 2028

Author: Ashwin Naphade

Global Antenatal Screening Market, 2022-2028 Research Report provides crucial statistics on the market status of the Global Antenatal Screening manufacturers and is a respected source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interes...


Pediatric Vitrectomy Market Size | Global Industry Analysis, Segments, Top Key Players, Drivers and Trends to 2028

Author: Ashwin Naphade

Global Pediatric Vitrectomy market report provides major statistics on the state of the industry and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals interested in the market.

The Pediatric Vitrectomy market repor...


Legionnaire Disease Testing Market Comprehensive Analysis, Share, Growth Forecast from 2022 to 2028c

Author: Ashwin Naphade

This report studies the Global Legionnaire Disease Testing market status and outlook of global and major regions, from angles of players, regions, product types and end industries; this report analyzes the top players in global and major regions, ...